This series involves a brief argument against Plurality, and the usual methods of addressing Reality in order to use it, and a holisitic alternative which concentrates primarily on Emergences - the appearance of the wholly New! Such Events are not only more frequent than most people think, but are without doubt the most important Events in the development of Reality - the Origin of Life on Earth is perhaps the one that everyone would recognise as being very different from most common or garden quantitative changes, which are the realm of pluralist science. Because of the above considerations the study and use of a holist methodology derived from the study of such Events is considered a much more important approach to Reality in general. The first-ever appearance of Life on this planet is discussed, and how the culmination of a continuously accumulating crisis could flip-over via a whole series of avalanches of Change into a wholly New Level - an Emergence.
Mutually conducive and mutually contending processes in the immediately pre-Life period are addressed, and the succesive establishment and immediate overturn of a whole series of dominances. Sequences and Cycles of processes roles in the resilience of systems is discussed, and the changing of Context by its own products is considered. Finally the task is defined for the Salvation of Modern Science by the essential and detailed study of Emergences.
1. It is time to replace the much criticised Plurality in Science.
2. What exactly were these major flaws in our methodology?
3. Defining Plurality – The Whole and The Part.
4. A parable of Parts and their consequences.
5. What is thrown away in Pluralist methods?
6. Where and why Plurality works!
7. What has to be addressed which is absent in a pluralist approach – Qualitative Change!
8. Why Plurality and its main tool – Formal Logic cannot deliver concerning Evolution.