This short series of papers established the unavoidable limitations of the pluralist scientific method, when dealing with Emergent Events. It describes the separate, yet seemingly complementary elements of quantitative isolation, extraction and abstraction (that result in an Equation) and causal explanations, and shows that both of these cannot traverse Emergent Events, which turn out to be absolute and final limits of ALL such theories. The Origin of Life on Earth is used as the true test, and these banker methods are therefore found to be totally inadequate to that crucial task, which is shown to be of an entirely different nature, and hence requiring of entirely new methods, if it is to be addressed.
The case of Sub-Atomic Physics is dealt with to reveal the currently accepted “solution” to this problem – which is to abandon Explanation completely, and the inevitable consequences – the reliance on Equations ONLY as the way forward, at least the complementary accounts of relations & explanations did result in some sort of “real” version when taken together.
Thus, the study of Emergences is clearly the only salvation for a great science that is NOT intent on eating its own feet!
1. The old methods still were fruitful in pre-Emergence preparatory situations, but could not address the actual Event
2. Emergent Change seemed to involve a cascade of avalanches of Change which utterly demolished the old dependables.
3. The Question arose, “Is there an Emergence between the sub-Atomic and the Macro realms?”
4. If this were true, the abandonment of Explanation and total reliance on equations, doomed them to NEVER finding explanations for what they were finding.
5. Additive synthesis of multiple equations was another alternative, but it could quite obviously explain nothing: it was merely an automatics switch system.
6. The Explanation of Emergences is still uncracked as yet.